It’s official, we have finally settled on a name for our game!
A Tofu Tail
A fairy tale of a man-turned-tofu by a deceptive kitsune, racing through the vivid, puzzle-filled maze realms of the foxes in search of a way to break his curse.
- Addicting puzzle gameplay that features additional challenges as you progress through each new realm
- Procedurally generated levels that allow each player to experience the game differently
- Multiple objectives per level for added challenges and replay-ability (completionists will love this!)
- Unique art style, all completely hand-drawn
- Retro soundtrack with a blend of 8bit chiptunes and modern sounds
- Whimsical story heavily influenced by Japanese folklore
So what are we working on now? The main menu layout is finalized, so now we just need to finish programming it’s functionality. The core game mechanics are complete, as is the level generation algorithm. We’ve gotten the main plot nailed down and have moved on to writing the actual dialogue and narration. And finally, we’ve started porting to Java in preparation for OUYA’s launch in the spring (note: Android, PC, Mac, and Linux releases to follow soon after).
I know we haven’t shown any in-game footage yet, but trust us when we say we are silly with anticipation to show some gameplay videos. Keep your ears and eyes open, as we get closer to completing our demo (the first 10 stages + boss battle!) we will post a video update.